Monday, May 02, 2005

Friends (the sitcom that i almost never watched)

It’s only now, that I am able to watch the sitcom friends. I really liked it! I remember back then when I meet with my former cell, they always talked about the show Friends and its characters… And yes, you guessed it! I was Out of Place! Back then I’m not able to relate when all of them are laughing whenever they talk about that show.

The reason that I’m not able to watched the series is that back then, is -our TV is unable to get the reception of channel 5 (ABC 5); it’s the local channel that aired friends (we do not have cable back then)…

I liked how the show was written. I think one of the things that set apart this sitcom from the rest is that it does not need to make the characters too weird to make the sitcom funny. Most sitcoms have very weird characters; but the characters of friends are (almost) normal… I can’t really pinpoint why its funny, but I guess it’s funny because the characters of friends represents the different kinds of people that we encounter each day (including ourselves) -and we are being reminded how funny these people can be.

Hats off to the cast of friends!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home